A father's journal about his son and their adventures

Sunday, September 13, 2009

1st day of School






Last week your mother and I walked you to your 1st day of school. The Montissori School I do believe is a huge stepping stone for you. Being able to go was one of the big motivators for you to getting poopy trained and as soon as you were doing it you would tell everyone "Look I pooped in the toilet I can go to school now!!!." So so funny


Your 1st day was real nice You stayed with me that night before and we woke up got some breakfast and went to your moms house so we could walk you there, She thought you should have been dressed cuter but you picked out your outfit w/ Cubbies sweatshirt and we were like whatever. We knew you looked cool. You were so ready youhad your backpack ans school supplies. The night before we went and got all your stuff for school and I could tell while I was searching frantically for all the stuff how excited you were. We talked about each lil item, One time after we got a ruler you said "Daddy I'm a big boy now. I said, "Thats right honey, you sure are growin fast".
Your last day w/ Isabele I want to mention was hard for me to watch. When I went to pick you up I could see in their faces how sad and happy they were. Thier whole family has loved you beyond measure. I was was very lucky to have such wonderful caretakers. They all walked us to my car and all gave you big long hugs and kisses. Isabele is a wonderful person. You wil see them again of course but I know she is hurting to see you go. She loves you very much. Sometimes you will tell me you don't wanna go to school you wana go to Isabele's as much as I want to just say ok I know its best for you to go to school. I took you by ther this past weekend to say hi and she was gone but Ben and Saba were ther and Saba grabbed you with a big smile and gave you a hug. He put you down and you gave Ben a "five" and said, "we just came by to say hi, we are going now and you jumped back up in my arms.
I look forward to your school years ahead son. I want you to do so well. I mean that babseball scholarship will need you to have good grades...I'm kidding kinda. But do good Brock.

No comments:

Post a Comment