A father's journal about his son and their adventures

Friday, September 11, 2009

Our time






Everyday I see your smile,
with new toys to show and hugs gone wild.

You're my daddy you'll say,
and look at this, as you hold up something new to play...
and while we drive, you'll point the way.

When we get home,our hugs come along,
and we will sit back to relax to talk about the day that's half gone.

Somedays the library is what you request..
other days it's the bike or wagon thru icky water..
and we will sure go with zest.

No matter where we'll end up,
no matter how many bats or balls we have brought.
The ride there... and the ride home,
always your smile and beaming blue eyes will flaunt.

Our time together to me,
is why the world has brought me to be.

As these years go by.
I'll give you all that I have, and teach you all that I know.

Then with some luck and some grace,
By the hand that God gave us space...

I'll look forward to seeing my Grandchild's face,
and the tears of joy your eyes will create.

No comments:

Post a Comment