A father's journal about his son and their adventures

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Friday is here...Yesh Yesh Yesh. Its 8:32am right now and Last night Brock and I went to the ball park...Fields of Legends, here in Jefferson City, our states capital. It was good although we lost the Championship game. The other team that won it though , I am happpy for them. One of the Guys on the team is Omish or a minnenite or somethin and they Brought like 30 people out there to cheer them on and it worked they played a great game and beat us.
Brock you had a good time as usual. We got there about 40 min before game time, as we usually try and do so we can play together on a empty field, Last week someone stole your bat. So this week we had to bring a wiffle ball bat, I haven't had the chance to get you a new one yet will try today, I need a new glove too, the one I have looks like somethin Ty Cobb would use, its getting pretty old but I still love it.
So we found an open field and you and I and two other boys hit some balls and ran some bases then they wanted to go to the park where slides are, so you gathered your glove, ball, and bat and us 4 walked down there. You are getting so good at climbing the obstacles they have there, There is this one pole where you have to hang on it then you can slide down the pole, I showed you how to do without hurting yourself and I was just watching you, as I ussually do, just so you can figure things out on you own and you walked right over there and did it just as I showed you last week. Son you a very smart youngster. Eventually I had to go play my games so I told you and you were like ok, You stayed down there and played around with your lil crowd you always hang with. As the night progressed and I was playing I look for you in between pitches and innings. You are very socialble, Sometimes I'll see you talking to some older people,,,,you love older people you refer to them as Grandpa's and Grandma's..other times I'll see you playing with other people on other teams and in their dugout. Everyone knows you there, When I come to the ball park and whoever I see they will always ask.... Hey where's Brock??? They Love ya.
After our last game the Sprinklers came on, and I wish I had my camera. I talked you into running out there in the outfield to play in the sprinklers, so you did, and as you were running out there all the other kids followed you,...all ya'll were laughing and jumping and it was really neat to watch. You got soaked and to your dismay I had to take you home eventually. You wanted to stay there, and you tell me that every time, "daddy I'll just stay here". You say you love the ballpark..and why shouldn't you, you get to get dirty, catch frogs ,play ball, meet other kids, eat hot dogs, drink soda...shhh don't tell mommy, and whatever else we can think of like sprinkler running. I put you in the car with nothing but undies cause your clothes were wet and before I could get off the gravel road you said " I'm tired daddy, I'm gonna sleep. I said, "OK honey, I love you"...... I love you to" , you said.

No comments:

Post a Comment