A father's journal about his son and their adventures

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Brock and I at B-Mac











Alright so I got this page set so I am able to share many things with you that you can see when you are old enough that I couldn't necessarily express during normal times.
Today Brock, was a good day. I will pick you soon, approx 40 min and my plan is to get us some pizza, eat it, and head to the ballpark. You and I son spend a lot of time there as you know. This is your 2nd summer coming w/ me. This year you have even made it to St. Louis with me. It was a good time. The story goes like this and I am sure as the years go by Justin and others will have told this story many times to you.
We were playing in a Major Tournament, we had gotten there the night before and stayed in a hotel with Mike Brown and his 4 yr old daughter Jada, she looked as though she could have been your sister, blonde hair blue eyes just like you. The Next morning we wake up to get ready for B.P. I dressed you in your ubbies shirt and new ball pants and even gave you blue socks..you looked great, I took some pics they are the ones of you sitting on some bleachers and a few others...anyway we get done w/ B.P. and we are getting ready to play and you were on the field and you and I were hitting and playing together but it was time for you and other kids to get off so we could start the game....You didn't wanna go, you wanted to play to, there were other kids there for you to play with but you could care less, you wanted to play ball. By this time you were on the other side of the fence letting the whole ball park know that you wanted to play...Janelle tried to get you, Jada tried to get you to play but still you wanted to play with your Daddy. This went on for 3 innings and we were arguably playing the best team in all of America. We were keeping it close, I spent my dugout time trying to explain to you that there's no crying in Baseball but you would just hug me and hug me....It was my turn to hit, so I had to go and you start screaming for me...I'm diggin in the batter's box and I non-chanlontley say to the catcher and the Ump..."that's my Son" They smiled at me and the catcher said..."Well maybe you should take that Cub shit off him before child services gets here"...I smiled back. Then you said "Daddy I gotta Pee!! and I called time looked back and you were peeing through the fence onto the field...Everyone cracks up...Then the Next pitch I slugged a liner into left center...gapper. the left fielder dove for it as it was on the ground then tried to flip it to the center fielder but he over-flipped the ball and I ended up Hustling round the bases with a head 1st "Pete Rose" slide into home....Safe the ump yells!! I'm gathering myself and the 1st person I see is you. Someone let you onto the field and you jumped to me and said "you were safe daddy" I said "that's right Honey..... I'm safe"

No comments:

Post a Comment