A father's journal about his son and their adventures

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ball Park Stories

Mark Boyer, Adam Loesch, Juice and me
? Me, Adam, Juice, Jason Allen.

Adam Loesch, Greg Bowers, Gabe Loesch, Juice.
These pics above were a random night at the ballpark.....I befriended Adam on facebook and he had these pics...Adam was Gabe's bro, he also is one of those sincerely genuine folks you love to be around....these days when I played for Paddy's were plainly in one word.... unforgetable....although after the games we would go back to the pub and I am sure there are things that were forgot due the beer and whiskey...non the less...we had fun.




Brock, this is a pic below is of my good friends from left to right... Shannon Johnson, Juice, Brian McGeorge, Phil Burkemper, "The Drummer" Tom Riechart, and me. These guys I would consider my best friends. This night was the aftermath of "The Gabe Loecsh" Benefit Tourney. Gabe was a friend of ours. Everyone you see here played ball for Paddy Malone's softball team, and we were a team to be reckoned with. Not only could we play some good ball together we had countless good times together. 3 years ago Gabe was killed in a car crash. What happened by most accounts is still a mystery. Gabe was a wonderful person. He had such a way of making people laugh and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed one. He was our pitcher. Before he died he was on his way of becoming a great softball player, His intensity and competitiveness where hard to match, His moral and ability to be a team player never will be matched, he loved the game and he loved his friends and everyone who knew him knew that. At his wake. Most the guys in this picture and the whole town of Jeff city it seems stood in line in Russelville for 4 hours in order to see him and his family before his funeral. It was something I have never seen and hope I never will again. At the time you were still in mama's belly.

You and I Getting a lil dirty .

You often will build "castles" or houses as you call them and You will ask in this sweet lil voice..."hey daddy you wanna build a house with me"?



This was after a high and tight one, don't crowd the plate son. :)


We were out at the ball park the other night and these couple pics are the usual things we do each time. During the game every time I come into the dugout you will ask me daddy is it my turn yet?? So after every game we do some bp and you run the bases, Then you will pitch and I will hit, you call it playing defense and you always try and find someone to be the umpire. You know this game very well for your age, I don't know how ;)


I'm comin atcha "submarine" stlye





No comments:

Post a Comment