A father's journal about his son and their adventures

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Power of Positive Thinking

Sometime ago I began reading this book "The Power of Positive Thinking". There are certain things in this book that really touch me. This book was written to suggest techniques and give examples which demonstrate that you do not need to be defeated by anything. You can have peace, improved health, and a never ceasing flow of energy by assuming control over obstacles in your path rather than to be continually controlled by them.
This book also mentions the power of God. In case you are ever wondering, I do believe in a God. As you are aware by now there are many forms and different names of all the Gods that the people of this world believe in. I also hope that you are aware that all these Gods are not that much different from each other. Whatever you do believe in that does not believe in harm or destruction and affirms love and growth, I will support you. I do believe in a heaven and hell...I do believe in karma and I also believe that God will not let us endure things that we cannot handle.
One thing I hope you do accomplish is an understanding of religion and the Holy Bible. In my adult years, I have had many discussions on religion. Of all those conversations, the people who have made the most sense and strongest points, to me, were those people who knew the Bible and religions. Some of those people were firm believers in it and some were just educated on it and some were both of the fore mentioned. Where I stand, is difficult to describe at this point in time. I do pray and I do give thank you's for all of my blessings. And I have prayed with you by my side since you were born. I do not attend church currently, I was baptized in a Baptist church when I was in the 4th grade. I attended many Catholic masses with my dad. When I was in High School I was in a Baptist youth group. I remember praying for safety before every single competitive game I have ever played in, in high school and college. Some of my best memories and longest lasting friendships were from those I met and befriended while in church. So I do believe in a God. I know there is a power and a force greater than all of us. If you pay attention, and listen and analyze and open your heart and your mind without blocking anything.... you will feel it. Why I stopped attending church I really just cannot answer. Lots of things have come and gone for me. I have recollected being frustrated with "The God" I was taught about. Some of that frustration was due to my immaturity and or inexperience. Its said more people have died in the name of God than any other cause or disease in the history of the world. To me that is confusing. My God would not be happy about that and would have something in store for the leader of those people, who led others to die and kill others in the name of a God. Most of all Brock, I seek peace. Peace for everyone everywhere. This world is not peaceful. We have peaceful moments for sure but where peace is....with everyone and everywhere is a place called heaven. I am in the firm belief that if you are a good person, have a conscious, know right and wrong and seek to help others, there will be a spot for you in heaven, no matter what religion you were raised up to believe in. Because when you are raised in a certain part of our world, a young child has no option. If you really look at it all of our major religions and even some of the not so major religions all speak of compassion and forgiveness and love.

There is a section of this book I read tonight that I want to share with you. It was about a young man who was unhappy with his life. He was dissatisfied with his job and current life circumstances. He was ambitious to fill a niche he was missing and improve his current circumstances. His motive seemed unselfish and entirely worthwhile.
He was asked, "Where do you want to go"? He responded, "I just don't know exactly, I have never given it any thought. I only know I want to go somewhere other than where I am". He was told to organize his thoughts figure out his strong points, and utilize the dynamics of practical faith.
He was found later using his best attributes, expecting the best and he expected to attain the best in himself. He had become an editor of a major magazine. He was asked how he did this. He responded, "Because I wanted to". "It was that simple"? He was asked. He simply said, "Oh no, but it was part of the process"
He went on to explain that if you want to go somewhere, you must decide definitely where you want to be or what you want to accomplish. Be sure it is a right objective, then photograph this objective on your mind and hold it there. Work hard and believe in it and the thought will become so powerful that it will tend to assure success, There is a deep tendency to become what your mind pictures, provided you hold the mental picture strongly enough and if the objective is sound.
He pulled a card out that he reads everyday before he starts his day and it became his dominating thought. It says, "A man who is self reliant, positive, optimistic, and undertakes his work with the assurance of success magnetizes his condition. He draws to himself the creative powers of the universe".

It is a well defined and authentic principle that what the mind profoundly expects it tends to receive. Faith power works wonders. Those four words are packed with a dynamic and creative force. Hold them in your conscious mind. Let them sink into the unconscious and they can help you to overcome any difficulty. Big or small. I love you son.



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment