A father's journal about his son and their adventures

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Letter from Santa

Last week Shana told me she had a letter from Santa for Brock and she gave it to me to read to Brock when I got home. She took some time made it real "official" and did a great job.
On the way home from school I brought up Santa and Brock asked if he lives in the sky I said no, Jesus lives in the sky. Santa lives at the North Pole way farther than Illinoise, were papa Jim lives..He said ..Oh... And I said he was magic…His elves make all the toys and he flies his sleigh and lands on the roof and goes down the chimney with the toys…He asked how does he fit? I said he is magic… Brock said I like magic…and Santa :)
So we get home.... after we got settled ... I said I was going to go check the mail box and I came up stairs.."Brocky! I said. Santa sent you a letter!!. He was like, "He did?" I was like yea lets read it and we did and he was really into it and his mouth was open..we read it 2-3 times. He kept asking me to read it again....The letter spoke about how he needs to be a good boy and listen to mama and daddy and not through fits and cry. So after I read it to him a few times... for some reason I am expecting a response, ya know, that will be like a --OK Daddy I will never throw another fit, I will listen and do everything you and mama say :) but..the 1st thing you said was... "Why does Santa have so much hair on his face"? I just smiled and gave you a huge hug ...Really that response was the best thing you could have ever said...You are still my little boy and I luv it. You have grown so fast so far, but moments like this one was so great... you still are my little one and as fast as you have been growing I try to hold on to all these moments for as long as possible...
After you said that I said..."He lives at the North pole and its cold so he needs that hair on his face to stay warm. ....You said" Yea" and went back to playing on your carpet rug.













No comments:

Post a Comment