A father's journal about his son and their adventures

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Your New Window

There's a boy who sits in a classrooom
with the rain outside, he dreams out the window.

The teacher calls his name..
with an eyebrowl raise, he fly's to my open arms

Up with a hug and and kiss he will give me
Just you and me daddy, just you and me daddy.

We gather our stuff and say our goodbyes.
so now we play
In a new house we now stay.

Then sometimes you have to go.....
I go to your room and breath
I'm left wondering what to do... looking out your new window.

What do you do and do you miss us
Do you think so young.

I wait till 7 or 8 to hear your voice
Sometimes yer busy sometimes you ask me to pick you up.
after while Crocadile, after while Crocadile

But I can't son
and my heart rips

Sometimes I wake at night
I always wake at night

My blood flows hard.....
then I recall you're at moms.

Today the rain is here
so tonight we'll watch baseball

Our Cubbies aint on
But can catch them birds

We'll wrestle like always
and tell monster stories,
scratch my back then rub dad.. scratch then rub.

Goofy we go

Then tomorrow you'll be gone
We'll meet again the next though and we will have two fall days in a row.
No school today daddy... you start to understand.

Let that sun come out and on our earth we'll play until we can't.
Then some tunes will come...maybe a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment