A father's journal about his son and their adventures

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Your Birthday, April 14th 2006

I do believe that every child at one point would like to hear a story about the day that they were born. Your mother and I had an appointment for her to go into labor on April 13th 2006 at St. Mary's Hospital because on one appointment Dr. Su said you mom's fluid in her belly was low. One of Dr. Su's tech's called after we got home from that appointment and your mom said the tech said "are you ready to have a baby today!" Before we went to the Dr's we stopped in at Longhorns and had dinner, it was sometime in the afternoon. We were so very excited, and believe me your mother was ready to have her body back.

She tried to do things like walking to see if she could get you going...where we use to live on Clark St, across the street was a school and a couple days before we actually went to have you, Your mom, Savannah, and I went over to a soccer field and Vanny and your mom walked around the field several times. I remember it was a wonderful day and I sat on this little hill and like many days and nights thought about what you would be like as I watched your sissy and mother holding hands walking and talking. I prayed every night that you would be a healthy baby and for God to make you be healthy despite the shortcomings or bad things I have done before. I also wanted you to have the look of your mother with her eyes, hair and teeth. I know God has answered my prayers in his own ways before but this time Brock...I received exactly what I begged the almighty for. I realize it might not have had anything to do w/ my prayers but you did turn out to be exactly that. Today you have thick blond hair blue eyes and all of your teeth are in line, and are an all boy kind of boy and have a had great health, thankfully. Even my dad noticed... We were up there eating dinner and he mentioned how all your teeth were lined. That makes me very happy. Your mother to, she felt like none of her children looked like her.

So we get to the hospital and settle in and they give her the stuff that will induce labor but said it will take several hours before the action will start...so we watched TV and I tried to make her comfortable. I will never know what exactly she was feeling but the adrenaline running trough me was intense. I was worried, happy, excited, anxious, calm, and nervous all at once. I know neither one of us hardly slept. Sometime during the night I had a video camera and was goofing around and was commentating on it and I think your mom got frustrated so I turned it to the outside and there was a full moon. To me, I thought that was a good sign and thought to myself that the chief in the sky was shining a bright light for all your angels to make their way and greet you. After you were born I gave you the name "Brightmoon Longtoes". Due to the moon and despite your head being Alien :) I, for some reason, thought your toes were exceptionally long.

The next day, April 14th, the doctors come in and get mom ready. I am beside myself. She is humorous and excited. Dr. Su was your main doctor and she was awesome the whole time throughout the pregnancy. I am very proud that every doctor visit we had I was there for support and to just experience the whole thing was literally like watching a miracle occur.

The birth was spectacular. We had Grandma Tracy and Sherry in there to help. Grandma Tracy was on your left side and me on the right...I say you I mean your moms..We were taking pics and coaching her...After some time went by your mom was growing a lil bit frustrated near the end she put on her head phones and played some Ray Lamontagne and said when you came the song "Trouble" was playing. You came out face up which at the time I didn't know that was odd I guess baby's are suppose to come out face down. You came out with a loud cry and your head looked like a Alien. To myself I was Like Oh no but was still immediately in love. Dr Su told me that all the fluids in your body got pressured up to the end of you head so I was like oh ok thats great. Everythings fine? She said yea he is fine :)

Here you are right after birth...notice the time on the pic 14, (April14th) 1:04pm.

Thats my hand cutting your ambilical cord..what you can't see is that my hand was shaking.

This is you getting turned over to your mother and holding you for the 1st time.

I will never forget this day.


The look on our faces, I do believe, pretty much sums up anything that I could attempt to write.


Best smile I have ever seen

The Placenta. Your 1st clubhouse.

My 1st time holdong you. There are tears in my eyes.... happiest moment of my life.

Before I got to hold you you had to get some stuff done over here and they took you to do it right when you were born. I was with your mother making sure she was ok and Dr. Su said Hey Sam you wanna meet your son? I was like oh yes I do..I was in such a tremendous state...I walked over there and said Hi son I am your Dad you were crying and after I said that you stopped for a moment and opened your eyes and we, right there, had begun. I stuck out my finger and you grabbed it
Here they are wiping you off.

Sleeping in the nusery.....I stare at you for a long while. I was so proud of you. Still am. Always will be.

Dr Su. Prepping for birth. She is a fabulous doctor.

Grandma Sherry meeting you

Grandma Tracy meeting you
A couple days later at Papa Pete's for Easter.
I love you son.

No comments:

Post a Comment